Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: European Imports
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
European Imports - Sysco
Position Title: Inside Sales/CMU Representative
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, maintain and increase market share through customer service and selling via phone and other media. Focus 50% of efforts on CMU customers. This is an inside sales position that involves personal and phone customer contact as well as administrative duties involved in maintaining the systems utilized in servicing chain accounts.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify customer and department needs and satisfy them effectively through relationship-building and effective communication channels.
- Maintain and develop assigned customer base, maintaining needed company and customer files. Input orders as necessary.
- Sell, via phone and other media, all major product categories through the presentation of new products, services, ideas, uses and applications in an effort to meet all established sales and profit objectives.
- Use working knowledge of all product categories to drive penetration of existing accounts.
- Focus on CMU customers/opportunities to service and increase sales. Forecast, monitor inventory levels, handle special orders, requested documents and product information.
- Manage proprietary items to be sure they fall within the contract agreements.
- Manage order guides to ensure that the proper items are listed.
- Continually develop and maintain knowledge regarding products and services offered by European Imports - Sysco by attending sales meetings and utilizing training tools provided to increase sales.
- Handle customer complaints in reference to service and product quality in a professional manner.
- Interface with all European Imports – Sysco and OPCO personnel on matters dealing with providing product knowledge and proper service to customers and potential customers.
- Project a positive attitude and image of European Imports - Sysco to customers and suppliers.
- Participate in preparing and updating coaching and maximizing performance worksheets by establishing performance goals and updating progress throughout the year.
- Perform special assignment duties as assigned by the Manager of Inside Sales.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Perform other duties as needed.
General working conditions – exposed to adverse conditions 5% or less of time.
General supervision is received from the Manager of Inside Sales.
- High school education or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- 1 - 2 years of successful experience in sales and/or food service background preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook) are required.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong numeric and alpha-numeric data entry skills required.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
European Imports is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time