Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Who We Are:
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 109 countries. We manufacture personal care amenities and a full range of textiles, and, we distribute nearly everything else you find in the hotel public guest areas in the hotel room. Recently achieving a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 54 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
The Warehouse Electrician and Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for providing general maintenance and electrical work to both Sayreville buildings. Repair, maintain electrical machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, dock doors & levelers, facility machines, racks, stretch wrap equipment, HVAC’s and all other building equipment. Follow preventative maintenance schedules for equipment, and buildings. Comply with all GMP, housekeeping and safety practices standards. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to compliance with government regulations, ensuring safety and security of the building, its contents and people and management. Follow direction from maintenance supervisor. Maintain positive and productive relationships.
- Perform the daily activities of the liquid cosmetics blending operation and operate various processing and handling equipment.
- Manage the proper selection and utilization of materials and equipment.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and leadership.
- Report to leadership any necessary repairs or upgrades needed to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems in areas that affect routine tasks.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards in the Bulk MFG area.
- Maintain a safe working environment by following safety guidelines.
- Adhere to GMPs related to personal hygiene and handling of raw materials & equipment in order to maintain hygiene standards.
- Suggest and implement process improvements that will increase safety and quality, while reducing costs.
• High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 3-5 years in a liquid blending manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret technical procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner. Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply & divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to assist in providing effective training to department staff on areas such as SOP’s, Safety, Conduct, etc.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize shift priorities as necessary. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner. Uses time effectively.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner. Gathers information skillfully. Make use of alternative solutions including immediate corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Critical Thinking – Ability to analyze situations in a critical manner presenting proactive ways rather than reactive solutions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Arrives at meetings prepared and on time.
- Ability to learn and apply Guest Supply technology software and programs.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While this position will primarily work in a manufacturing environment, this position may require travel specifically pertaining to company events, staff meetings, training sessions & vendor fairs. May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, elevated ambient temperature, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions.
- May be required to work overtime depending on business needs.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Guest Supply is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time