Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco South Florida
Zip Code: 33178
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
The primary purpose of the Ethnic Segment Manager is to support the execution of sales and Marketing Strategies for a specific ethnic segment. These includes acquiring new customer business and converting competition's Gold accounts; performing sales activities for the purpose of achieving the sales and profit objectives assigned and ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction through customer service activities.
The specific ethnic Segment must:
- Have a strong knowledge of the specific ethnic segment culture, category usage and Food Service environment.
- Stay abreast of trends impacting the specific ethnic business, monitor competitive activities and understand the key aspects of core Sysco brands and their potential within the specific ethnic marketplace.
- Act as a link among Sales, Merchandising and Business Resources at the OpCo level and between the Multicultural Marketing Group
- Be a strong leader of people working across functional departments in both English and specific ethnic language.
- Identify current Sales volume for the specific ethnic segment
- Identify sales growth opportunity for the specific ethnic segment
- Leads sales efforts targeting the specific ethnic Segment
- Supports Merchandising with local-specific products needs and sourcing
- Be a source of information for MAs targeting the specific ethnic Segment.
- Provides segment customers with value-added services such as business reviews and recipe support by working in conjunction with the Business Review Specialist and the Director of Culinary Resources.
- Works closely with Sysco Corporate, manufacturing representatives and brokers in supporting company promotions or obtaining information on products or services.
- Champion and utilize CRM tool (Sysco 360) as communication and measurement tool for New Business and Account Penetration.
- Champion and utilize Sysco Technology Solutions i.e; Leapset, Mogul, Sysco Counts, Menu Lab, Supplies on the Fly etc.
- Sells all major product categories through the presentation of new products, services, ideas, uses and applications in an effort to meet all established sales and profit objectives.
- Achieves the goals and objectives of sales and profit plan through new accounts and continued account penetration.
- Performs merchandising research of product discounts, product services information, special offers and/or company promotions. Utilizes information in sales activities in an effort to increase profitability and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Attends all department sales meetings, as scheduled and participates in other activities as requested. Reports on industry and market competition as requested and assists with reviewing inventory levels.
- Promotes positive working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, business writing, grammar and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues.
FOR SALES POSITIONS ONLY: All candidates for this position must be able to represent their ability to perform substantially all of the required duties of the position while abiding by any post-employment obligations owed to current or former employers, to the extent such obligations are reasonable and enforceable.
- 5+ years related Food & Beverage, Food Services or Consumer Goods industry experience required
- Bilingual communication (written & verbal) required.
- 3+ years' experience using standard metrics to track consumer market data and sales trends.
- 2+ years' professional marketing experience desired
- 5+ years' experience in a product sales role required. Specific ethnic foods sales desired.
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree desired
- Strong understanding of cultural differences and needs related to specific ethnic foods. In-depth knowledge of specific ethnic food products
- 3+ years MS Word, PowerPoint, MS Excel experience required
- Excellent communication skills (English & specific ethnic language - Spanish) required
- Proven experience in cross-functional relationships. Individual will partner with Merchandising, Sales, and other internal business functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to drive, stand, walk, sit, reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and listen.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- 40% travel within marketplace
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco South Florida is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time