Company: Newport Meat Pacific Northwest
Location: US-OR-Portland, US-OR-Gresham, US-OR-Beaverton
Zip Code: 97236
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Brief role description
To be a primary business partner to the President/GM(s) at assigned business unit(s) in setting financial goals and strategies across the organization. This position is responsible for assigned organizations’ financial planning, management, and accounting practices to ensure proper internal controls and procedures are established and followed, to safeguard the Companies’ assets and properly satisfy the Companies’ financial obligations.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Serves as the Lead Financial Associate for each assigned company, working with the Market CFO to determine the methods and procedures for executing the company’s financial operations in accordance with corporate and government guidelines.
- Utilizes finaincial acumen to provide consultation to the President/GM and local management staff, to help maximize profits, reduce expenditures, and leverage opportunities.
- Oversees activities of local finance staff and performs controllership tasks in accordance the F.A.M.M. and other corporate policies. Performs periodic close activities in an accurate and timely manner, including journal entries, account reconciliations and reporting.
- Develops business strategies, monitors progress and makes adjustments/recommendations as needed. Ensures action plan process is in place to assist in the timely development of Profit Plan gap closure activities.
- Responsible for ensuring the company’s Profit Plan is prepared as directed and submitted in a timely fashion according to corporate guidelines. Ensures periodic forecasts are accurate and timely.
- Provides analytical reporting to assist company management team in making informed deciosions. Develops adequate internal reporting and communication strategies/cadence at the companies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or Economics Required
- MBA/CPA preferred
- 5 Years financial analyst and/or accounting experience required
- Prior management experience required
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to compile data from disparate sources
- Must be able to analyze data and draw logical conclusions and recommendations from the data
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat Pacific Northwest is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time