Company: Newport Meat Southern California
Zip Code: 92606
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Brief role description
Responsible for answering and directing phone calls, greeting and assisting company personnel, clients and visitors; receives, sorts, distributes and processes incoming, outgoing and internal mail and correspondence; performs a variety of routine clerical support duties.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Welcomes clients and visitors by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answers and refers inquiries, takes clear concise messages and relays accordingly
- Receives and distributes packages, faxes, mail, etc. to the appropriate office personnel
- Follows security protocol and procedures for clients and guests; monitors logbook; issues visitor badges
- Maintains current company phone listing and distributes on a monthly basis
- Sets up conference calls, schedules conference rooms and maintains on-line calendar of conference room reservations
- May assist with miscellaneous clerical duties as backup to other departments
- Other duties as assigned at management discretion
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of one-year general clerical knowledge and/or receptionist experience
- Communicating Effectively
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Work well independently
Performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required routine walking, bending, carrying items weighing up to 25 pounds and moving items up to fifty pounds. Specific vision and hearing abilities requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to focus.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat Southern California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time