Company: Buckhead Meat Northeast
Location: US-NY-New Jersey
Zip Code: 08837
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Our story started 35 years ago when five butchers spent countless hours sourcing and delivering the highest quality meats. That passion led to rapid growth and a merger with Sysco, the world’s largest foodservice distributor. Partnering with the Midwest's best farmers and ranchers, Buckhead Meat Companies works with relentless integrity to provide our customers with the freshest, most consistent, top-of-the-line products.
Buckhead Meat Companies is proud of all that we have accomplished. Our mission never waivers. Our superb reputation speaks for itself. And our growing company buzzes with excitement. We call it Buckhead Pride.
Plan, organize, direct, and control the activities of the Operations function of the division. Responsible for the performance and expense of Department functions including, but not limited to such things as materials, equipment, reporting, production, and analysis.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Review and approve adequate plans for the controls of planned outputs, budget spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency, scheduling, and customer service.
- Review performance against operating plans and standards. Provide reports to subordinates and interpretation of result and direct areas of changes when goals are not being met to the staff.
- Provide analysis and detailed reports to President when requested.
- Develop and present opportunities to President to enhance Operations.
- Develop and recommend objective policies on inventory, production, equipment and other various areas of operations to help the overall betterment of the company.
- Define and recommend objectives in each area of Operations. Develops specific short and long term goals and follows up to ensure the progress of these set goals.
- Review and approve cost in areas of labor, equipment, shrink, transportation, supplies and other areas as they relate to overall Operation.
- Review and approve the setting of budgets as they pertain to the Operation.
- Develop plans to integrate the technology of our system to better help in overall Operations. Brings suggestions to IT team as they arise that will allow for better more efficient work flow through the systems.
- Review and approve any major projects or major personnel changes within the department’s functional areas.
- Review and approve the implementation of production and organizational plans that support the overall Operations direction.
- Establish objectives and procedures governing the performance of assigned task. Issue specific dated objectives to immediate subordinates and review the objective to ensure the overall direction is being carried out.
- Select and maintain qualified personnel in all positions that report directly and evaluate and recommend compensation of such subordinates.
- Direct, monitor, and appraise the performance of all areas immediately reporting and provide coordination and direction on areas of concerns or new tasks.
- Keep employees informed of all company/department changes and opportunities as they become available to discuss.
- Coordinate activities and opportunities with other companies in areas of problem solving or Operation planning including, but not limited to staffing, transportation companies, SSMC and OPCO affiliates.
- Approves purchase and budget decisions up to a certain dollar amount that must be approved by President.
- Communicate and work to enhance our Operation with all other members of the management staff.
- Provide on job training and direction for subordinates and assure that the authority and responsibility of each employee is defined and understood.
- Monitor and follow up as informed by QA and Risk Manager on all QA and Safety issues as they pertain to Operations.
- Do work flow and ROI analysis as per requested by President when needed.
- Handle challenges and issues from OPCO’s as per direction from President when needed.
- Make sure all subordinates and employees are treated fairly and respectfully and are evaluated, disciplined, and promoted in a fair manner.
- Drive and understand the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives, assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- Conduct periodic safety inspections
- Train and promote safe work practices and use observations to check on employee’s work habits. Use the company’s disciplinary policy to enforce safe work practices.
- Promote participation in the safety program to all employees.
- To ensure compliance with government compliance issues (such as USDA, OSHA, DOT, EPA and FDA) as directed by management.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, compensation, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Drives a collaborative effort with Company Leadership team in building the business case for expansion, modernization and facility reconfiguration to guarantee proper storage, receiving and shipping capabilities for present and future business.
- Coordinate and collaborate with all other departments within the organization to establish and carry out all Operation challenges and goals.
- Responsible for building a continuous improvement culture by championing efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and changes within areas of responsibility. Identifies problems and proposes solutions to other members of senior management.
- Sets direction to reduce or eliminate operations-related injuries or accidents, damage/loss of product or equipment, and unnecessary costs by ensuring that all equipment and facilities are maintained consistent with the safety, security, sanitation and appearance standards set by Sysco. Ensures contingency systems/practices/protocols are in place to eliminate business disruption.
- Maintains associate relations through regular department meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and implements or responds to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- At least four years in a senior management position
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; see; talk; hear; walk; use hands to handle objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms,. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items up to 25-50 pounds occasionally. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. Normal levels of eyesight and hearing after correction. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs. Standing, stooping and climbing are occasional activities for this employee. Physical strength to lift and maneuver 25-50 pounds on occasion.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time