Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: FreshPoint Connecticut
Zip Code: 06114
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
POSITION SUMMARY: The warehouse manager is an operational leadership and management position that over-sees the day-to-day functions of the warehouse including the shipping, customer pick-up, receiving, inbound put-away, and quality control departments. This position’s central responsibilities include coordinating the man power needed between departments in order to execute on a daily basis, act as troubleshooter for Day Warehouse procedural operations, lead the individual department managers, supervisors, team leads, and associates to high performance execution, and work together with other department heads in the operation to effectively meet the needs of our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct reports include:
- Day shipping supervisor, inbound supervisor, quality control supervisor, and respective department team leaders and associates
- Staffing and manpower:
- Review and validate staffing needs for each department, ensure adequate staffing coverage weekly
- Review and validate department schedules, post weekly
- Update payroll system daily and account for missed punches, tardies, and inputted schedule
- Keep hours and overtime in line with department output, meet or achieve performance metric targets, and work with VPO on weekly labor planning
- Learn/understand each role in the warehouse in order to provide assistance and support when short
- Proposes new or replacement staffing needs to HRBP and VPO; initiatives job requisition, reviews job descriptions, and follows-up with recruiter to identify new candidates
- Works with HR department to conduct interviews and follows up with on-boarding process
- Motivates and disciplines supervisors, team leaders, and their teams.
- Develops and promotes warehouse goals and objectives
- Conducts routine meetings with leadership team and warehouse associate group to maintain engagement levels and communicate issues, appreciations, and upcoming dates or initiatives
- Tracks and monitors attendance and paid time off of associates and supervisors
- Follows Freshpoint corrective action and documentation process; terminates when needed with the approval of HRBP and VPO
- Conducts new hire 30-60-90 job reviews and current employee annual reviews
- Delegates to and empowers leadership group
- Develops, trains, and coaches associates for future career development.
- Polices safety regulations and works with safety manager on consistent coaching of associates; trains supervisors to become better coaches
- Utilizes an organized system to ensures the consistency and upkeep of warehouse systems and SOP’s using checks, balances, and reminders
- Meets all deadlines assigned for outbound shipments, inbound completion, and assigned tasks/responsibilities by the VPO.
- Assigns responsibilities; follows up with individuals to verify and validate
- Makes sure department supervisors and team leaders have what they need daily to operate efficiently
- Continuously reviews standard operating procedures, adding new procedures and creating better efficiency by altering current procedures upon the approval of the VPO
- Continually looks for opportunity in reducing operating cost via payroll or expenses
- Works alongside facility, fleet, occupational safety, food safety, and production managers to reduce operating costs, roll-out new initiatives and projects, and reduce damage to equipment
- Ensures the shift is properly handed off to the night shipping manager – with all tasks complete, warehouse clean, coolers re-filled and organized.
- Customer service
- Communicates and maintains working relationships with sales and buying office associates
- Ensures special requests are handled and set up for success
- Ensure email and verbal communications between departments reach the appropriate individuals or department heads
- Leads and manages warehouse teams to operate with a ‘customer first’ mentality
- Drives daily sense of urgency in not making mistakes, and careful adherence to systems and protocol, that will result in customer service failures
- Oversees daily inventory cycle counting process
- Participates in and follows up on shrink/quality meeting actionable items
- Drives consistency in maintaining accurate inventories through proper scanning and counting of products
- Oversee warehouse slotting: reviews new items and assigns slots, reviews warehouse coolers and main dock for slotting opportunities
- Works with internal systems of inventory, order processing/invoices, and receiving
- Must be able to, or willing to learn, how to operate electric power industrial equipment (pallet jack)
- Must be able to bend, stoop, push, pull, and lift up to 50LB’s infrequently
- Ability to stand and walk for periods in excess of 8 hours
- Able to work for consecutive hours in cold temperatures and around high noise levels
- Must be able to have a flexible work schedule
- Must be able to be on call, and answer important/critical emails, text messages, or phone calls when off or during off-hours in a timely manner
- Must be able to work the entire day-shift, from start-to-finish – staying with the last team to finish and communicate with and hand the shift off to the overnight manager. This may be a short day or a long day depending on the season and ebb and flow of work-load.
- Good adherence to attendance and adherence to work schedule
- Reliable form of transportation
- Good adherence to attendance and adherence to the work schedule
- Follow all SQF principles pertinent to your position as specified by the SQF Practitioner.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the VPO or designee.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Equally exceptional leadership and management skills
- Ability to solve problems independently and effectively articulate and communicate information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and programs at once
- Firm understanding of computer systems and applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook. Ability to use and manage Outlook Calendar
- Understanding of Six Sigma / LEAN manufacturing; continuous improvement
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE: Experience within operations/warehouse shipping and receiving industry preferred, as well as demonstrated and proven experience in managing and leading a team or teams
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Connecticut is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time