Location: US-NV-Las Vegas
Zip Code: 89118
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Be a part of a dynamic organization by working for one of Sysco’s specialty meat companies where we provide custom-cut fresh steaks and other meat, seafood and poultry, giving customers dependable quality, selection and freshness.
We offer vacation/sick time, medical/dental benefits, a generous 401K plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Program, product discounts, and more!
In this fast-paced environment, you will trim primal to steak ready specifications with a high yielding level of skill.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Trim meat to specifications
- Reading, writing and basic math skills needed to read tickets and process special requests
- Ability to identify cuts and types of meat by proper name and recognize deficiencies
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule.
- Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products and for reporting food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action (managers, supervisors, QA)
- Adherence to all Good Manufacturing Practices, Company Policies, Code of Conduct and Safety procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to work safely with machinery
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Standing, stooping, bending and reaching are regular activities
- Must exhibit a required level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform requirements of the position
- Able to work in a cold/wet environment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat of Nevada is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time