Company: Sysco New Orleans
Zip Code: 70123
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Brief role description:
This is a Finance position responsible for checking in drivers who have completed their routes by performing product counts, compiling and maintaining records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise. Also responsible for inspecting all products returns and documenting appropriate information for efficient processing of items.
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Check-in drivers who have completed their routes by verifying product returned, customers signed the invoice and possible missed deliveries; account for pallets, totes and other company property is returned
- Validate driver initialing invoices and proper paperwork as required
- Ensure food safety protocols were followed on the return and coordinate with Food Safety personnel for issues
- Ensure all delivery exceptions are noted on the invoice and/or delivery exception report; inspect returned products to determine restocking appropriateness or deciding if the customer warrants credit
- Decide and adjust as needed the appropriate reason code on invoice to provide efficient processing; code damaged or inferior products with the appropriate damage code and write the code on the damaged case
- Separate and stage for return processing all products, and count the returned items to ensure quantities match the quantity written on the return sheet and invoices; list overage on return sheet in accordance with the “available stock/warehouse location” report in an effort to re-enter the product into the inventory system as soon as possible
- Stage product for pick up as required
- Additional duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent.
- One year of pallet jack and/or forklift experience preferred
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of an organization
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two-way communication
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Bi-lingual is a plus
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco New Orleans is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time