Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Louisville
Zip Code: 40214
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This is an Operations position responsible for supervising the activities associated with day warehouse operations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the supervision of product receiving, product replenishment, ensuring safety and security of the warehouse and providing management and direction to warehouse staff.
- Supervises the daily work and safety of employees engaged in receiving, replenishing and storing inbound product, including all warehouse functions, receivers and day forklift operators.
- Supervises the daily functions of Will Call, including but not limited to, replenishment, selection and loading of product while maintaining proper temperature controls and Quality Assurance guidelines.
- Supervises labor hours and consumable supplies within budget. Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Supervises the proper utilization of Company assets in support of the warehouse. Coordinates required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Reviews day warehouse functions and various warehouse productivity reporting. Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with implementation of changes within day warehouse.
- Conducts receiving and location audits daily ensuring all required receiving documentation is accurately completed (including HAACP, food safety and catch-weight documentation) and that material is checked in and stored correctly with a minimum potential for loss.
- Coordinates communication between third party unloading service, inbound scheduling and warehouse management to ensure efficient inbound operations.
- Assists with monitoring sanitation and facility/racking damage to ensure a safe and clean warehouse.
- Assists with the training of new associates, including cross training of existing associates.
- Sets up the warehouse in support of night operation and communicates any warehouse shift issues.
- Maintains associate relations through regular department or pre- shift meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and submits ideas and reacts to ideas to increase survey rating.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates efforts with Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of employees supervised and other related duties as needed.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, AIB, FDA, USDA, etc.)
Education and / or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Two or Four year college degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or similar major preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within 3 months.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts. The employee works non- traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. The employee may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Louisville is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time