Company: Palisades Ranch
Zip Code: 90058
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
The Production Supervisor is responsible to assist the production manager to oversee all cutting and packaging personnel as well as maintaining targeted yields, customer specifications and treating all special orders “hands-on”. Must be fluent in Spanish.
- Overall daily operations of the cutting and packaging department. This includes ensuring all orders are cut and packaged correctly and in line with company and customer specifications and quality control.
- Direct the daily activities of all personnel in the cutting and packaging so that priorities are met and that orders ship on time.
- Evaluate and uphold cutters to company directed yield cuts and specifications. Work directly with underperforming cutters to bring them up to requirements.
- Help Managing all stocked products. Ensuring that we do not over or underproduce stock items.
- Work with Production Manager and Quality Control on all QA tests for Sysco OpCo’s.
- Work with Production Manager to produce unique and/or complex orders requiring a higher-touch level of care such as new products, etc..
- Responsible for ensuring all raw materials are brought into and out of the processing room correctly and that inventory integrity is correct.
- Close down processing room. Ensure that all items are cut and packed off and by-products are put away and labeled correctly.
- Prior experience with portion cutting (meat, vegetables, etc.)
- At least 3 years’ experience in area.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Must be quick and agile.
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of safe work practices.
- Customer-service oriented
- Bilingual preferred, English/ Spanish
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company data or files.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
- Ability to work in 30-degree temperature for long period of times
- Ability to stand long period of times
- Ability to lift up to 60 lb. boxes
- Bending and twisting when loading conveyor and/or packaging equipment
- Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area. Must pass company drug test and background.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Palisades Ranch is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time