Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Buckhead Meat Northeast
Zip Code: 08837
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This position is responsible for trouble shooting of electrical and mechanical systems and general facility maintenance. This includes repairs and maintenance of Multivac, Marel, Ross and Treif food processing equipment. This is a second shift position beginning at 12pm.
Employees receive a copy of Buckhead Beef’s organizational reporting structure at time of hire. It is also posted in the break rooms.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products.
- Experience with Marel and other Food Processing equipment is a plus.
- Navigate control menus on various equipment types
- Trouble shoot electro-mechanical systems as they relate to food processing equipment
- Work with 1 phase and 3 phase AC circuits
- Work with and troubleshoot low voltage DC circuits
- Preventive Maintenance on all equipment and machinery IAW company programs.
- Visually inspect and test machinery to detect malfunction. Communicate equipment problems to operations staff as needed. Ensure lock out, tag out procedures used.
- Building maintenance (plumbing repair, changing lamps & ballasts, light remodeling, etc.)
- Diagnose problems and dismantle defective equipment and install new or repaired parts, following the specifications set forth in blueprints, manuals and schematic drawings.
- Communicate refrigeration and HVAC issues to service vendor.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintain tools in good working order and keep maintenance room in neat condition.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To know and understand the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- To help develop and follow all safe work practices.
- To give a written report of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to management.
- To report all accidents, injuries or illnesses to my supervisor immediately.
- Knowledge of electrical circuits
- Knowledge of PLC controllers
- Knowledge of industrial/commercial refrigeration systems,
- Knowledge relating to Multivac, Marel, Treif, and Ross food processing equipment, strongly preferred.
- Electrical, pneumatic, mechanical, and machine shop skills required.
- Mechanical aptitude needed.
- Must be a steady, reliable worker.
- Must be able to read simple instructions and follow simple diagrams.
- Must be able to perform simple tasks independently after being given specific instructions.
- Must have general knowledge of simple equipment used in the building trades.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to use hand tools and to paint.
- Vision (with correction) sufficient for reading, performing repairs, and painting.
Associate's Degree or equivalent technical school diploma in electrical or mechanical engineering or similar discipline; or two years field service, packaging/processing, maintenance or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, crouch, and climb for repairs, use ladders and perform various types of manual labor. Occasionally, the employee may be required to lift objects up to 50 pounds. Most job functions will occur in a refrigerated environment.
New Hire Training:
GMPs: Promoting Personal Hygiene
GMPs: Effective Hand Washing Techniques
GMPs for Maintenance
Foodborne Illness & Employee Reporting
Preventing Food Contamination
Overview of HACCP
Basic Food Facility Security
Intro Food Safety Standards
DISCLAIMER: While all care has been taken in the preparation of this material, no responsibility is accepted by the Buckhead Beef for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies. The material provided in this resource has been prepared to provide general information only. It is not intended to be relied upon or be a substitute for legal or other professional advice. No responsibility can be accepted by Buckhead Beef for any known or unknown consequences that may result from reliance on any information provided in this publication.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat Northeast is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time