Company: Newport Meat Pacific Northwest
Zip Code: 97230
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Cry-o-Vac Packaging: Employee will be assigned to the steak or finished goods packaging area. Employee will place items on the cry-o-vac conveyor. Employee then removes product from the conveyor and place in shipping boxes. Employee affixes labels, weigh and mark boxes and place boxes weighing between 10 and 16 pounds on transit racks as directed. On average each line produces 166 cases per day (one case every 3 minutes or 20 per hour).
Packaging and unpacking: Employee will remove trimmed meat from the trimming station and place on moveable tiered racking for transport to other finishing areas. Or conversely employee may unload racks to supply other finishing stations, such as steak cutting machine or dicing equipment.
Dicing and Packaging: Employee will operate the dicing and packaging equipment. Employee may be required to load raw beef from racks into dicing equipment; this requires shoveling 15/20 pound scoopfuls of meat into a tray 5 feet above the ground. On average we run approximately 1000 pounds or 50 scoopfuls each day. Once the meat is diced it is pushed in a gondola weighing between 3 and 4 hundred pounds to other areas of production for packaging. Employee may be required to unload carts into packaging equipment using sized scoops. Employee may be required to operate bulk packaging equipment to produce 5 and 10 pound chubs of diced meat. Employee may be required to assist other employees in packaging finished product (steak wrapping, cube steak, fajita, stroganoff packaging, ready to eat product, trimmed and or tied whole muscle).
- Stacking and Placement: Employee will stack finished boxes on transfer racks for order selectors. Also will be transferring product out of production area and stacking in coolers/ freezers. Employee may unload racks to supply other finishing stations.
- Palletizing: Employee may remove boxes of product from conveyor line and stack on pallets beginning at ground level and rising as high as 5 feet. On average one every 9 seconds (400 per hour).
- Labeling: Employee will load box bundles weighing as much as 25 pounds into the label maker and input data into the computer labeling system, print out labels and affix to corrugated shipping boxes. Boxes are typically between waist and chest high when labeling. On average 3300 cases per day (one every 9 seconds, or 400 per hour).
- Box building: Employee will build boxes for product and place in conveyors six feet above the floor. On average 3300 boxes are built each day (approximately one every 9 seconds, or 400 per hour).
- Cleaning: Employee will clean and sanitize miscellaneous parts and equipment prior to end of shift shut down. Employee may be required to remove trash and cardboard from the production area or any other duty necessary for the proper cleanliness and safe operation of the department
Physical Requirements: Employees are required to work an 8 hour shift in a production facility kept between 36 and 37 degrees. Standing 80 percent of the time and walking 20 percent of the time. While performing the job employees will be required to twist, bend, stoop, and squat frequently for a few seconds at a time. They are required to climb a ladder on occasion. Work in the freezer and cooler occasionally for a few minutes. Heaviest weight lifted while either sitting or standing in one place is 50 to 60 pounds.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat Pacific Northwest is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time